Read here a brief overview on how Friendship cards, a tool for teaching emotional intelligence and conflict resolution skills, has been used to serve children and families at risk through YWAM Poland. Data from May 2022 to May 2023.
- Polish and Ukrainian foster and biological families
- Polish and Ukrainian orphans
- Polish and Ukrainian specialists (teachers, psychologists, social workers, caregivers, NGO volunteers)
- Ukrainian refugees in Poland, both children and adults, Christians and non-Christians.
Friendship cards distributed to
- 120 Polish professionals, parents and volunteers
- 90 Ukrainian professionals
- 125 Ukrainian families living in Poland
Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, every month there has been at least one session for children or children with parents and at least one training session for a group of professionals.
Feedback from participants
"The training gave us alternative ways to deal with difficult emotions - a skill we desperately need as adults, teens, and children in our everyday lives. I will use it in my future work with children." Olena works as a psychologist at the orphanage
"With the help of the cards I can find out what feelings my child is experiencing. In everyday life, we use the cards in the form of games, we make up stories, and we look for solutions to various situations with the help of cards. For me personally, I have noticed that I am now more calm in dealing with conflicts." Olya, a refugee from Ukraine with two sons
Thank you for your support and prayers! This work has been supported by WWO Europe's Ukraine Appeal Fund.
Photo: Roman and Tamara teaching about Friendship Cards